- Weekend gateways
Arrive Cochin airport or railway station. Transfer to Munnar, one of the most popular hill stations in southern India known for its sprawling tea gardens. Arrive & check in hotel. Evening go for a stroll in tea gardens near your hotel. Stay overnight.
Tea Garden has become one of the reasons behind the international fame of the hill station of Munnar and regarded as a prominent hub of tea trade in the country. This hill station is synonymous with rolling hills that are carpeted with verdant plantations of tea. This place is recognised for having some of the best and most beautiful tea gardens across the globe. In present times, the hill station has more than 50 tea gardens.
This morning after breakfast you will proceed on a sightseeing tour of the picturesque Mattupettu Dam, where you have an opportunity to go boating, you continue your tour to Echo Point. Also visit Top Station, Eravikulam Park, Anamudi etc. Evening free at leisure. Stay overnight.
Anamudi is a mountain located in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the highest peak in the Western Ghats and South India, at an elevation of 2,695 metres (8,842 ft),and a topographic prominence of 2,479 metres (8,133 ft).The name Anamudi literally translates to "elephant's forehead," a reference to the resemblance of the mountain to an elephant's head. The first recorded ascent of Anamudi was by General Douglas Hamilton of the Madras Army on May 4, 1862, but it is likely that there had been earlier ascents by local people.
Echo Point is a very beautiful place in Munnar, which got its name from natural echo phenomenon situated at a scenic lake bank. When one scream at here, he will be hearing his voice returning to him. Placed at an altitude about 600 ft, Echo Point is located 15 km away from Munnar, on the way to Top Station. It has a greenish look as it is covered with abundant green sceneries. It is an adventurous destination, which will be a perfect choice for those who love to have a nature walk or trekking.
Eravikulam national park is spread over an extensive area of 97 sq km along the crest of Western Ghats in the high ranges of Idukki district. Located 15 km from Munnar, the national park is one of most important tourist destinations in Kerala and is managed by the Kerala Department of Forest and Wildlife, Munnar. Most of the areas of the national park are consistent hill plateau. The forests here are commonly known as ‘shoals’ – evergreen tropical and sub tropical moist broadleaf forest.
Mattupetty Dam is among the most visited destinations in the tourist hotbed of Munnar. It is a storage Concrete Gravity dam built in the mountains of Kerala, India to conserve water for hydro electricity. It is a beautiful picnic spot that regularly attracts visitors. The view of the valley is breath-taking and one gets to simply relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. The lush green tea plantations and forests are ideal for trekking and host a large number of unique bird species.
Top Station is the highest point at 1700 m above sea level in Munnar, located around 32 km away from Munnar, on the Munnar-Kodaikkanal road. Here one can enjoy the panoramic view of Western Ghats and the valley of Theni district of Tamil Nadu. The place is famous for the Neelakurinji flowers, which used to bloom once in twelve years. The drive on a winding path decorated with rare flora, is one of the most exhilarating in the entire country.
After Breakfast transfer to Thekkady. Set in the heart of the Cardamom Hills of Kerala is Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve, offering a rare opportunity to enjoy South India's wildlife. Arrive and check in hotel. Afternoon visit spice plantations. Stay overnight.
Morning enjoy a boat safari on Periyar Lake to view the varied fauna of this region. After breakfast rest of the day free at leisure. One can enjoy an Ayurvedic Massage at the hotel. Afternoon Visit Spice Plantations. Evening shopping of spices. Stay overnight.
At a distance of 54 km from Idukki, 143 km from Kochi, 211 km from Trivandrum, 111 km from Kottayam, 136 km from Madurai and 82 km from Munnar, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, one of the best wildlife sanctuaries in India, is located in Thekkady in Idukki district of Kerala. It is located at a distance of 4 km from Kumily on Kerala - Tamilnadu boarder. It is one of the most famous Tourist places in kerala and also a well know summer getaway in Kerala state. Thekkady is also known as one of the scenic Kerala Backwater trips in Periyar lake.
Today you will be transferred by road to Kumarakom (130 kms / 4 hrs) a charming village on the Vembanad Lake. Check in to your resort in-time to view the spectacular sunset. Stay overnight.
Transfer by road to Cochin (90 kms / 1.5 hrs). Arrive and check in hotel. This afternoon you visit the Jewish synagogue, Dutch Palace, and end your tour with a visit to the Chinese fishing nets. Stay overnight.
Chinese fishing nets are a type of stationary lift net in India. They are fishing nets that are fixed land installations for fishing. Each installation is operated by a team of up to six fishermen. While such nets are used throughout coastal southern China and Indochina, in India they are mostly found in the Indian cities of Kochi and Kollam, where they have become a tourist attraction. This way of fishing is unusual in India and almost unique to the area, as it was introduced by Chinese explorers. Indeed, one interpretation of the city name Kochi is ‘co-chin', meaning ‘like China.’
Morning after breakfast transfer from your hotel to airport / railway station for flight / train to onward or home destination. Tour ends with sweet memories...
Terms And Conditions International
1) These rates are applicable to NRI or Indian Nationals Only if not specified otherwise.
2) A minimum of 02 persons are required if not specified.
3) Children below 05 years complimentary without extra Bed. Children between 5 to 12 years will be charged as per hotel policy. Children above the age of 12 years will be charged the applicable adult rates.
4) All Rates & bookings subject to availability.
5) Rates are subject to change.
6) Tour confirmation only on receipt of full payment.
7) The Process of Refund will take around 60 days to complete & the refund will be paid by Cheque or credit note only.
8) Tour is organized on the basis final instructions and requirements received from yourselves and on your own risk and responsibilities.
9) LIABILITY: We shall in no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the client or any person travelling with him for:
· Any death, personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delay, discomfort, increased expenses, consequential loss and/or damage or any kind of theft howsoever caused
· Any act, omission, default of any dependent Contractor or other person or by any servant or agent employed by them who may be engaged or concerned in the provision of accommodation, refreshment, carriage facility or service for the client or for any person traveling with him howsoever caused.
· The temporary or permanent loss of or damage to baggage or personal effects howsoever caused including willful negligence on the part of any person.
· We shall not be responsible and / or liable for any damages caused to the Client due to reasons beyond our control (Force Majeure / Vis Majeure).
· No liability on our part arising in any way out of this contract in respect of any tour, holiday, and excursion facility shall exceed the total amount paid or agreed to be paid for.
10) Triple Room does not necessarily mean Three Separate Bed
11) Triple Room can have One Double Bed 1 Roll Away Bed
12) Law prevalent in India is applicable and as a part of the cause of action arises in Mumbai and the Company has its Registered Office in Mumbai, it is agreed between the parties that in the event of a dispute or difference between the parties the exclusive jurisdiction shall vest in a court / forum / tribunal in Mumbai alone having jurisdiction to decide the matter.
An extensive checklist of everything you will need for your next trip.
Vacations are always exciting. However, packing for them might not always be fun. If you forget to carry an important , it might mean ending your vacation abruptly if you miss carrying your regular medication, you will end up hunting for preions and pharmacies. You don&rsquot need any speed breakers or dampers on your dream trip! So, TRAVNET has prepared an ultimate checklist for all your travel necessities.
Here we go....
A) General essentials before you travel
G) Clothes While the type of clothes you have to pack will depend on the destination you are visiting, here is a basic list of items you will need on a vacation. Add or delete items as per your need.
I) Accessories You might have all the right clothes, but to pump up the overall look, you will need these accessories:
Phew! That was some list! We are sure it will help you plan and pack for your upcoming vacation and ensure that there are no bumps on the way. One more important thing you must carry is a travel journal where you can pen down special experiences daily when on a vacation. It will surely be a priced possession a few years down the lane.
TRAVNET wishes you a wonderful and memorable holiday !
Cancellation Policy Domestic
a) Before 30 days 10 percent of tour cost.
b) Before 15 days 25 percent of tour cost.
c) Before 07 days 50 percentof tour cost.
d) Before 72 hours 75 percentof Tour cost.
e) No Show 100 percent of tour cost.
f) During High peak season period Hotel Specific Cancellation Policies will be applicable in these cases the hotels may not refund any amount if the booking is cancelled after issuance of Voucher